Our company is founded on hard work in difficult applications. We were founded to launch new products and technology into gas processing applications and grew by providing exceptional customer service, by owning our victories and our failures, and always seeking to be able to provide a better solution.
Our growing company is currently looking to hire Level I - Analyzer Technicians to join the Insight Analytical Solutions Service Team based out of Calgary. With our diverse geographic footprint, our Analyzer Technicians travel to various locations. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Oil and Gas industry, a safety conscious mentality and are willing to learn and grow with Insight.
At IAS, we understand that our employees are the biggest asset in our success, and we take great pride in selecting employees who are team orientated, driven and eager to succeed.
- Travel to various gas plant sites in the Montney formation mainly between Fort St. John and Grande Prairie.
- Support Level II – Analyzer Technician with commissioning and startup activities of new analyzers, troubleshoot and repair issues that may arise on existing equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance, replacement, and installation of analyzer system components.
- Collect hydrocarbon samples for analyzer calibration.
- Enter data from samples for chain of custody documentation and deliver samples to third party lab for analysis
- Operate and maintain a company vehicle
- Utilize more advanced diagnostic software programs to interface with PLC’s, HMI’s, On board computers, and spectrometers.
- Work on or around any ‘live’ process or equipment including isolation and the de-pressuring of any system while adhering to all safety procedures.
- Repair equipment, with follow-up guidance from Level - 2 if required.
- Opportunity to train to advance into a Level II position which would be responsible for:
- Start up and commissioning of different analyzer
- Troubleshoot instrumentation issues
- Troubleshooting design and process issues
- Interfacing with networked devices to troubleshoot communications issues
- Respond to customer service requests and provide remote support
- Support system testing and Factory Acceptance Testing at the Insight facility in Calgary if required
- Support manufacturing activities if required
- Assist with Customer Training activities
- Indentured Apprentices, Journeyman Instrumentation Technician, or graduate of a 2-year technical Instrumentation program preferred.
- 2-year technical diploma or 1-3 years relevant chemistry-related work experience
- A valid Class 5 license with a clean driver abstract.
- Valid H2S, First Aid, CSO, TDG, and CSTS.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry in construction or maintenance is considered an asset.
- Must be able to operate hand tools, power tools, testing equipment, and specialty tools, such as tubing benders.
- Experience in the use of calibration equipment such as Hart Communicators, basic Instrumentation test equipment and complete calibrations.
- Must be able to work with a multimeter for checking for continuity, resistance, voltages & current readings.
- Ability to work in various working conditions ranging from outdoors to indoors in a variety of weather conditions and working from heights as needed.
- Adhere to all company environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures.
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test is required prior to employment.